Monday, November 29, 2010

How it all began...


It all started with "Happy Birthday" on a beautiful August summer night in 1997.

Oh well, there was a fantastic concert too, but in all honesty the moment when we all sang "Happy Birthday" for Michael will forever be imprinted on my mind - and so it marks the starting point of the literary adventure I embarked on 13 years ago.

I went home after the concert feeling high on love and determined to keep that feeling alive I found a few pieces of paper and began writing. However, when we are young it is easy to be diverted. My diversion came in the form of my husband and he must have made quite an impression, because I forgot everything about the story, until I rediscovered it earlier this year.

I was making room for a few things in my attic, when I noticed an old cardboard box containing the books from my college years. I could not resist the temptation to look inside the box and among both hated and cherished books I found a few moldy pieces of paper. At first I had no clue what I was reading, but then all of a sudden it came back to me and I was like... "Nooooo, you didn't!" I could not believe I had attemped to write a story with Michael as the main character. In fact, I was shocked! Needless to say, I put the papers back in the box and forgot everything about them again.

Or so I thought... 
The story kept playing on my mind and one night, where I was wide awake thanks to the full moon, I went up into my attic again to get the papers, thinking I would write one more chapter just for fun. And so I did... My only problem was the fact that I could not stop again.
Now, hundreds of pages later, I think it is time I stop writing just for myself and begin sharing with you.
So, if you like Michael Jackson - no make that L.O.V.E. Michael Jackson - and a sweet, romantic story, you have come to the right place.

I have promised myself to keep it simple. I will tell you the story and nothing more. There will not be hundreds of pictures, videos and other fancy things...only the story...one chapter every week.
If it is not good enough to keep you interested, then I have only myself to blame.
 
You can find the "Stairway to Heaven" here:  http://enolalee.blogspot.dk/p/stairway-to-heaven.html 

Enola

No comments:

Post a Comment