Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A (w)hole lotta smoke



This section made me laugh out loud when I read it the first time:

"What people don't know about the chrome outfit, particularly the plastic chest plate, is that on the right side of the crotch area, we drilled a one-inch diameter hole. Michael's intent was to unhinge a hose from his space pod, hook it to his crotch and, through a valve connected to the hole, spray the audience with smoke. "The fans are going to love it," Michael said excitedly when the idea first came to him in Bucharest during the tour. "And nobody has ever done it before."
Yeah well, I wonder why. As outlandish as it sounded though, it was typical Michael. I was rooting for it to happen, and I think it would've if the pyro technician had more warning. But even though this idea wouldn't come to fruition, it didn't stop Michael from sharing his other wild ideas."
...

From "The King Of Style - Dressing Michael Jackson" by Michael Bush, Insight Editions, 2012




Good grief, Michael...
I think I may need to make a few adjustments in my perception of you. :)

Happy New Year everybody!

P.S. Buy the book if you want to read more.
It is worth it. It is not only a very interesting read - it also has a lot of nice pictures.


9 comments:

  1. Heehee...looks like our shy Michael was able to get into character in planning his performances as well as on stage! Maybe this was P.T.Barnum's influence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.T. Barnum... LOL!
      Even without the smoke, I can say for sure the what I saw was indeed the Greatest Show On Earth.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure it was the greatest show on earth whenever Michael was on stage.
      I was serious about P.T.Barnum. I'm still working my way thru his autobiography, looking for what impressed Michael so much about this rathar dispicable man. I haven't found it yet, but I have to believe it was his sense of showmanship.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup! But he was right wasn't he? The fans (and the girls in particular) would have loved the smoke. :)

      Delete
  3. Leave it to Michael to always find a way to entice the ladies in the audience...just think what happened when he danced and grabbed his crotch...Could you imagine if smoke suddenly came out of that area...LOL! One "HOT FORCE"!!

    The Ultimate Showman always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine that half of the girl's up front would go home convinced that he had somehow impregnated them with that smoke. :)

      Delete
  4. even during HIStory he was still so BAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still BAD? No my dear, he was BADDER! :)

      Delete