Friday, December 13, 2013

This Is It vignettes (DOME project)




Two weeks before he died, Michael wrapped up work on an elaborate production dubbed the "DOME Project", which was meant to dazzle concert audiences in London with its high-tech 3D images that would flash behind him as he performed on stage. The "DOME Project" was a five-week project filmed at Culver Studios, which 70 years ago was the set for the classic film "Gone With the Wind." Four sets were constructed for Jackson's production, including the Thriller and Smooth Criminal vignettes as well as the Earth Song vignette, which I have posted earlier this year. (Watch the Earth Song vignette)

Shooting for the project lasted from June 1-9, with Michael on the set most days. The project was in post-production, at the time of his death.

Taping took place in marathon sessions ending early in the morning.

6 comments:

  1. very nice , I had not seen the completed versions , now if only ....yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am searching for the words to say, but the genius of this man just continues to leave me "SPEECHLESS":)

    T:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see these vignettes, It saddens me to the core that these concerts never came to fruition...

    He was truly a genius! Just listening to his demos of the new album? Smh. These are demos?. Wow! A true master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the demos too - I swear the first time I listened to them, I was gaping! They sound better than most songs today!

      Delete