Friday, May 1, 2015

20 years of HIStory



No, this post is not about Neverland Ranch, but since this summer marks the 20th anniversary of the HIStory album, I thought I might deviate a bit from the normal subject of this page.

Why?
Well, to me the History album is special. Musically speaking, it is not my favorite album of his, but it has a special place in my heart since it represents my "finest Michael moment." It was where Michael and I peaked so to speak thanks to a very memorable concert in 1997, my first and only Michael encounter.
It is simply the only album I have been fortunate enough to see and hear "on tour".

So, come with me down memory lane and take a look at the vid...er...short films (sorry Michael) of the History album:


Scream

Childhood

You Are Not Alone

Earth Song

They Don't Care About Us


Stranger in Moscow

By the way, I wasn't the only Dane, who liked the album. In fact, the HIStory album was hugely popular in Denmark, so much so that today one in twenty Danes has a copy of the album. That's the highest number of albums per inhabitant in any country in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment